Currently 3:30 pm, feeling like 1 am.
Survived the flight! The gruesome summary:
OTTAWA – CHICAGO
– Peachy keen actually, nothing to report
– Flight attendants thought I was dating the cute guy beside me so woohoo me!
CHICAGO – LA
– Actual nightmare
– Plane departed an hour late due to first class caterers not having coffee pots, of all things not to have
– My connection was so tight the flight attendant announced which way to turn coming out of the gate and where to RUN
– Myself and 23 others deplaned before everyone else, to a chorus of “good lucks” from other passengers
– After sprinting, sat for pretty much 16 hours straight
LA – MELBOURNE
– Adrenaline induced coma
– Amazed and thrilled my luggage also made the connection
Melbourne first impressions:
– Similar to Montreal in urban/industrial relationship
– “trams” and “lifts”
– Don’t believe the travel blogs, they wear jeans here!
– V quickly running out of cash but everything is closed!